Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Wish List

As the plans are coming together for our new apartment, the wheels in my head are turning and I am creating a "wish list" of items I want to decorate and make our apartment truly a home. This will be the place that Marcus and I live as a married couple, at least for a little while. Hopefully we will buy a house in the next year or so, but until then, we plan on living in the apartment we're moving into at the end of this month.

Pinterest has really gotten me into some trouble for this wish list. I keep seeing all of these neat ideas! While my obsession with Pinterest has actually calmed down, I've turned my obsession to the things we need/want.

Wish List

1. A bunk bed for Buddy and Riley's room. ~ My Aunt has one that we will hopefully be able to take off her hands, but we will need mattresses for it. Christy's has a futon on the bottom, and a twin on the top, which I like because if we ever have visitors (HINT HINT, family and friends), we can put them up in there, too! We will also need bedding for the bunk bed. I'm thinking navy blue, since I plan on decorating with sports teams (Marcus is a fan of the Patriots, Red Sox, Auburn, and Celtics). I've got grand plans to paint signs for that room, too :)


Pinned Image

2. A kitchen table ~ My sister has one we can take off her hands, but it needs some work. I have some plans for this (thanks Pinterest). I want to paint it grey, with some kind of chevron stripes because I'm pretty much obsessed with them right now. We'll see how that turns out. This is something I am SO excited about. My fondest memories as a child are of my family sitting around the kitchen table eating dinner. We are currently unable to do that because we don't have a kitchen big enough for a table.

kitchen table redo
3. A new dresser or bedroom set ~ Yes, either one will do. We absolutely need more space for our clothes. We will have a larger closet, but I would like a dresser at the very least. I what I'd really like is an entire new bedroom set, but as that is not in the budget, we'll see what happens. We are trolling craigslist and facebook sites for one. Should we get a new bedroom set, the bed we currently have will go in the guest bedroom.

Pinned Image
4. A new mattress ~ also, not an essential but something we're really hoping to get soon. The mattress we have now is pretty old. If we get one, we'll put the old one in the guest bedroom.

Pinned Image
5. A coffee table ~ the coffee table we are currently using is one of those padded ottomans, which is nice, but its hard to place drinks on it. We'd like new side tables or just a coffee table. Again, trolling craigslist.

Pinned Image
6. A command center ~ This is an idea i've never heard of until recently!  I have desk and bookshelf. I'd like to get one more bookshelf and set each one on either side of my desk in our future kitchen. Grand things will go down at the center...recipes, blogs, homework, crafts, endless procrastination....
A "household command center" in the kitchen is a MUST!

7. A toy box for Buddy and Riley's room ~ I have idea's for this. I want one of those shelving units with the 12 x 12 boxes that you can put things in. Right now their toys are basically in a laundry basket. It keeps stuff out of the way, but its hard for them to play with everything because they have to dump it all out to reach the stuff at the bottom.

Functional toy box.
As you can tell, I'm pretty excited about this move. I already have the stuff for the boys future bathroom, I have a sign made to hang in there (I'll do a grand reveal when it's all done).

No comments:

Post a Comment