Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Caprese Salad

I have a confession to make...I used to hate tomatoes. I know, how can you be part Italian and hate tomatoes?

Then, in 2007 I went to Italy for nine days with my family. enter caprese and my love for tomatoes. Some restaurant we went to brought it out and I couldn't help but try it! Since then I've had a serious obsession with anything combining mozzarella and tomatoes.

Ingredients are best fresh, but since I live in an apartment, there's no way I can grow Roma tomatoes and I couldn't find fresh mozzarella. Still yummy. I found prosciutto. in small pieces and added that.

I suggest using the best olive oil you have. The more flavorful, the better. For most cooking I just use regular walmart olive oil, but I do try to keep a more expensive brand around for things that call for a tasty olive oil. This would be one of them

I snack on this whenever I get a little hungry but don't need a whole meal. It holds me over easily


Cut Roma tomatoes in half
Cut mozzarella in small bite size pieces
Add prosciutto pieces
Drizzle with good olive oil
Add Italian seasoning
Chill in fridge

ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment