Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

He got down on one knee...




And I said yes!

Okay, so I wrote this last week...and I am just now getting the chance to write! Life is crazy busy!
So...the story of how the love of my life asked me to be his wife:

Marcus and I went on a double date with Ashley and James last friday night. The plan was to go to dinner at the Cotton Exchange on River Street, and then take a ghost tour. Well, we ended up getting downtown pretty late to start dinner, so during dinner we decided not to do the tour, and just walk around Savannah for a little bit.




This is us at dinner, before he proposed. The second picture is funny bc I think it shows how nervous Marcus was :) Ashley and James said he was sooo talkative at dinner, they had no idea how I didn't guess something was up...but I just thought it was normal Marcus, haha.

So after dinner we walked around River Street because Oktoberfest was going on. While we were there Marcus and James were talking to a photographer and he supposedly tells them that there is a ghost at Habersham square. So Marcus, who is a HUGE fan of ghost hunters, says we have to go "see" it. (I'm thinking how are we going to see a ghost?? But I went along with it). So we walk all the way there (on the way we stopped and went into a cigar shop for James....later I found out it was for celebratory cigars). Anyway, we get to the square and Marcus and I are standing by the fountain and he asks for a hug. Then he got down on one knee...

 And then he put the beautiful ring on my finger
 and then we hugged and kissed

How do I flip these pictures? I can't figure it out!

 I said yes! Yay!!

The ring! The band and two diamonds next to the center diamond were his great grandmothers. The center diamond and diamonds in the band were his grandmothers. This ring is SO special to me and I am SO honored to wear it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment