Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

20 Weeks

20 Week Pregnancy Survey

Wow. I can't believe we are half way there!

How Far Along: 20 weeks

Size of baby: Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
Total Weight Gain: 8 lbs so far.

What I miss: Nothing

Sleep: I pee a lot.

Symptoms: Just getting bigger....

Cravings: Spicy spicy spicy.

Aversions: Realized it today - peanut butter. Nothing with peanut butter sounds good.

Movement: We finally felt her for sure last week! It was so exciting...now I know for sure what is a movement and what is just gas (sorry, TMI). She's a busy little girl!

Maternity Clothes: I still wear some regular shirts and tank tops, but pants are all maternity.

Best Moments this week: Still to come - going to see our girl on the screen!

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing our girl and Haley's wedding weekend! We leave tonight for Atlanta for the wedding. Pictures to come, don't worry.

I will try to add some ultrasound pictures and maybe a belly picture later today! My sister yelled at me for the no 19 week update...whoopsie. you have no idea how busy life is for teachers in the last week of school! I am also moving classrooms and grade levels next year, so I have been going a mile a minute.  Next week is post planning and luckily I have had my kids move everything for me. Thank goodness. I will spend next week unpacking and starting the planning process. Then, a summer of relaxation...oh, and planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment