Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The little details...

One of the things Marcus and I were really adamant about with our wedding is that we wanted it to be personal. We worked on several little different details for the wedding to make it a little more special. Here are a few of them:

Home made signs:


These were carried by Marcus' sons, Buddy and Riley. Buddy was VERY tired, which is why he is crying, but it was still cute. We got chalkboards from JoAnns and painted on them with white acrylic paint. My dad cut this particular board in half and drilled holes in the top so we could string ribbon. We didn't want to use chalk because we wanted it to stay.


This was done in the same way as the one above it. The princess bride is my favorite movie, which is why I wanted this quote. We did one of Marcus' favorite love quotes, also, but I didn't see it anywhere, so I'm not sure if it was put up :/


OUR love story. I saw this idea on Pinterest. Again, this is a chalk board from JoAnn's, with white acrylic paint.

Circuit machine sign:


This was a sign my friend made for my wedding shower and we kept it. I told the people at the venue to just hang it somewhere they thought was cute...and they picked the gift table! We loved it. For those of you getting married, keep cute decorations from your shower, you can use them for your wedding!!


Centerpieces:

Again, we wanted something a little special for our centerpieces. We wanted Mason jars as an ode to my mom's family (the Masons). My mom found these lanterns at IKEA for a great price. Then we spray painted wine bottles. I originally put a tape design on the wine bottles, but when I pulled the tape off, it didn't turn out well, so I spray painted again. You could still see the lines but not so much of the mess up.

We did the flowers ourselves. We just wanted Gerber daisies, so we ordered some from Fifty Flowers.com, and made all the center pieces and bouquets. My awesome mother made the boutonnieres and corsages from flowers we got at publix. We put the favors, koozies with the date and our name, around the table so everyone would see and get them.

And the cakes:




The cakes were done by Confection Perfection near Atlanta. They were BEAUTIFUL, and they tasted amazing. We were SO, SO pleased with them!



Many of our ideas came from pinterest, and we put our own little twist on them.
A big thank you to Amber for the photo's.



~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment