Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Real Talk Tuesday (on Wednesday).

So, linking up for Real Talk. This particular post is Facebook related. Let's get real here, some people are straight up annoying on Facebook. Let's get to it.

1. No one wants to read your posts when YoU tYpE lIkE tHiS, or whn u typ lke ths. <~ Seriously? what is that? Use vowels. Do your best to spell correctly and use correct grammar. Yes, slang is okay sometimes. Yes, I misspell words, a lot. But heck, at least TRY. I would say 99% of you graduated high school. Most of you went to college. Act like it.

2. Don't complain about your significant other. Seriously, it makes you look worse than it makes them look. It's disrespectful to your s/o, and downright mean. Yes, Marcus and I argue, but I'm not about to make a public service announcement every time it happens (which, by the way, isn't that often).

3. If you are over the age of 18, there is no reason to take 5,000 self pictures a day. We know when you stick your arm out to the side, you look skinny. We know when you take it from above, you look skinnier. We know when you stick your chin out, pop your collar bones forward, you look skinny. We aren't fooled, we all use the same tricks. Seriously, one every couple of weeks, that's fine. 20 pictures a month of just your upper half? Not necessary. You're beautiful, and I'm sure you haven't changed much from yesterday.

4. Save the drama for your mama. No one needs to read your family/boyfriend/friend drama all over Facebook. Arguing over Facebook posts for everyone to see is pretty entertaining, but do you really want to be the butt of everyones jokes? I read so many peoples posts about how people should mind their own business...yet they post it all over Facebook. When you post vague status updates that are clearly about someone or directed at someone, people will speculate. If you're fine with that, go right ahead. But don't complain about people "in your business" when you update every five minutes about how sad or unhappy you are for whatever reason.

5. Try some positive thoughts every once in a while. Someone wise once said "Life is what you make it, make it good" (Daniel Tosh, by the way). I see so many people who are CONSTANTLY complaining. Don't get me wrong, I know I have a life better than a lot of people. I also complain sometimes. But lets be honest here, you have Facebook. Meaning you have a computer or smart phone. You probably have a roof over your head, food to eat at night, and clothes on your back. You are doing better than a lot. Stop and smell the roses sometimes. People care about you and are interested in what you are doing. Positive thoughts in a negative life go a long way, just sayin.



Let me be clear here, everyone has their preferences on Facebook. I know for some I probably post to many pictures of my boys, talk too much about how much I love my husband, and I know I post far too many status updates. These are my *personal* opinions.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. Or should I say.

    Thnk yu fr pstng ths.

    I get so annoyed with people on Facebook that I want to Facebook about how much I hate when these people do these things on Facebook. But I realize that may come off mean. haha. So well said, my friend. Well said.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete