Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

One of those days...

Do you ever have those days? You know, where you wake up and you automatically know it's going to be rough?

Today was one of those days for me. Well, it started that way.

Let me rewind to yesterday. I coach (assistant) middle school girls volleyball. We had 2 games at a school about an hour away. On the way home we stopped to get dinner, and before you knew it, it was 10pm and we were pulling into the school. 10:35 rolls around and I am finally home. Poor little Buddy went to the doctor yesterday and had strep and now has to do a breathing treatment, as he might have asthma. Had time to read my sick boy a story, sit on the couch with Marcus for 10 minutes, and then fall into bed.


Buddy, getting his breathing treatment. :(

So this morning rolls around and I am EXHAUSTED. I slept as late as I could, got ready, and headed to work. I couldn't find anything to bring for breakfast, so I figured I'd get something at the vending machine. My ride to work I could just tell I was in a bad mood.

Get to work, 85 cents in my pocket and the muffins I want are 90 cents. Borrow 5 cents.

Muffins get stuck.

Seriously?

Ask male teacher to rock the vending machine.

those suckers did not want to come out.

Clearly God did not think that I needed chocolate chip muffins this morning (neither, by the way, did my too-tight pants).


Sigh.

Good news is, my day got better. I looked like a hot mess, but my students behaved and I did a pretty good job teaching today. I have wonderful administration who are so friendly and understanding. It's a wonderful thing. Then I coached volleyball practice for the first time ever by myself, and I think it went pretty well.

so anyway, for those of you having one of those days...chin up. A positive attitude helps. Oh, and coffee.

and Gardetto's that you randomly find in your bag.

for fat kids anyway.




PS: Pray for Marcus, as the little man starts school tomorrow. I don't mean Marcus Jr, as he is super excited and will be fine, I mean big Marcus, as he is super sad his little man is heading to school because he is going to miss him sooooooo much.

No comments:

Post a Comment